How to Partner Up as an Individual for the Global Goals
It can be overwhelming to think about the massive needs of developing countries. Even if we consider only one person at a time to support, it is a challenge to see where and how to start.
This approach often leads our minds away from our purpose, which is to deliver even the tiniest action for a better world. So, take just one step with us today and learn about some possible ways to commit to a Partnership for the Goals.
Ultimately, to strengthen partnerships, individuals can contribute in five significant ways: Mobilise, Share, Serve, Provide, and Support.
Although appropriate actions vary depending on your circumstances, listed below are some possibilities to consider:
I. Mobilise: engage individuals around you, lobby your government for a case, or organise your company’s next outreach program.
II. Share Knowledge: create awareness by discussing the SDGs with your circle on social media. Create data, blogs, visuals or articles.
III. Serve Expertise: guide AIESEC entities and/or organisations in the least developed countries. Travel there to see for yourself, or in the digital space. It is up to you.
IV. Provide Technology: set up a website for any appropriate business is the best thing you can do from a distance. If you travel there, make sure that, instead of your favourite jeans, you pack some power banks, wireless speakers, USB drives and anything else you deem essential. Better still, if you find a local NGO and ask about their needs in advance or contact someone nearby planning to travel to your target location for advice.
V. Support with Funds: donate directly to trustworthy organisations. Although I believe the best thing to do is get to know local AIESEC entities through their Facebook Pages and offer to advise them on financial management issues, if you are looking for hustle free but instant results, pay the internet service provider fee for their workspaces.
The United Nations clustered the most necessary actions under 19 categories(1). These are the targets of this Goal to be reached by 2030. Most relatable for governments or companies but some individual change agents will be inspired by them, so please follow the link below and start your journey to become a partner for the Sustainable Development Goals.
Call to Action:
1. Read more → sustainabledevelopment.un.org.
2. Discuss the following topic with your sympathisers: How can partnering for Sustainable Development Goals be facilitated by civil society with the private and public sectors?
3. Find a project and reach out to the host entity to support them with advice or funds to deliver it, especially West African ones as they are in urgent need of SDG-related developments.
4. Sponsor and motivate someone in your world to take a global volunteer project with AIESEC → aiesec.org/global-volunteer. I suggest one in the Benin Republic → aiesec.org/opportunity/870351.
5. Become a volunteer with us to produce articles and share relevant information with fellow compassionate champions of progressive social change for sustainable development.
Drafted by Kriszti@Whatareyoustillwaitingfor.Space
Illustrated by Kriszti@Whatareyoustillwaitingfor.Space
Edited by Lee@Whatareyoustillwaitingfor.Space
Published by Lee@Whatareyoustillwaitingfor.Space